I have been practising yoga for over twenty years and teaching part-time for over ten years. In 2000 I was inspired by my yoga teacher at the time to train as a yoga teacher. I spent a year travelling round the world from 2000 to 2001, during which I completed my intensive 200 hours of teacher training at the beautiful Sivananda Ashram in Kerala, India. I teach Sivananda yoga which is a classical style of yoga and also Vinyasa Flow Yoga.
Since qualifying as a yoga teacher I have completed further training in:
- Yoga for the Special Child at The Special Yoga Centre, London with Jo Manuel and Sonia Sumar (2005) I learnt basic yoga therapy techniques and teaching methods to enhance the natural development of infants and children with Special Needs
- Yoga for Children at the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre, London (2006)
- Yoga in Pregnancy at the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre, London (2006)
- How to Teach Meditation with Swami Saradananda, London (2008)
- Partner Yoga-various workshops in London (2005-2012)
- Vinyasa Flow Yoga with Claire Missingham, London (2011)